The privacy of THE FUSE users is taken into great consideration by Vodacom and its appointed service providers. We hereby provide inform you about what kind of personal data that might be collected from you when you use the THE FUSE News App (the “App Service”), the THE FUSE Web Service (the “Web Service”) or THE FUSE News Feed (the “News Feed Service”) (together the “Services”), what this information is used for, these pieces of information are used for, the situations in which the information you provide us will be shared with other parties and the rights you have in relation to our processing of your data.
In this document you will find the following information:
- WHO WE ARE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE
- USE OF GATHERED INFORMATION
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
- DATA RETENTION
- NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
- CONTACT AND QUESTIONS
- WHO WE ARE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Services was developed by our appointed service provider Njuice AB (SQUID), a Swedish company with company registration number 556801-9201, (“Njuice”) that is based in Stockholm. Njuice is the controller and therefore responsible for the processing of personal data that occurs when you use the Services. The legal basis for processing your personal data is the following.
We process your data to the extent necessary as a part of our contractual obligation to provide you with the Services. For example, providing you with news within your selected topics of interest.
- Legitimate interests:
We process some of your data \to fulfil our legitimate interests of analyzing user behavior to improve and optimize the Services and communicating with you regarding feedback that you have left us using any of our feedback functions ("Feedback”). Where this is the case, we have analyzed the impact using your data may have on you and limited our use to the data to what is necessary. For example, we have made efforts to minimize the collection and storage of any information derived from your usage of the Services. Vodacom and its appointed service providers do not track the activities taken of a device with a certain IP-address. Instead, each user is assigned a pseudonymized ID which is used to deliver the Services.
To the extent that you have provided your consent for the use and storage of your personal data, we rely on your consent for such use and storage of your personal data
- Legal obligation:
We may process your data if it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, for example complying with a court order to disclose certain information.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE
- Purpose of the processing
In order for the Services to work effectively and to constantly improve, we will be collecting different kinds of information from you. Such as information that will enable us to: (a) administer the Services, (b) help us understand how to improve and optimize the Services in future updates, (c) customize the Services to your interests and needs, (d) reply to you if you contact us with Feedback, comments or concerns, (e) provide maintenance and technical support and (f) provide advertising based on your preferred news topics, (g) provide you with more information if we think it necessary.
The data collected is where appropriate, used in an aggregated form to identify usage patterns and trends, analyze problems and requests, and eventually optimize the Services for our users. This aggregated data may be disclosed to third parties.
- Information we collect directly from you
We collect the following information from you:
- Your preferred settings in the Services, such as information concerning the type of news feeds you selected and subsequent amendments. This information is stored dynamically, so as soon as you adjust any settings, the information stored is changed.
- Any personal data, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number etc. that you provide to us by using the Services’ Feedback functions.
Some information is provided to us by your device when you use the Services. We also collect information on how you interact with the Services.
Information we collect from your device is information such as:
- Date and time that you downloaded the Services
- Type of device that you are using and the operating system of that device (i.e., what Android or IOS version you are using)
- Country and language settings on your device
- Network type used (including information on network provider or wifi)
- Application type, i.e., what service you are using, such as browser or widget.
- What articles you read, save, and share.
- Time spent when visiting our services and reading articles.
- When you access our Services for the first time, we use the IP-address or other type of identifiers assigned to your device to create an anonymous ID. This ID is used for communication with the Services and tracking of your usage of the Services, which includes what news topics you are interested in.
For the purposes of providing the Services and for optimizing the Services, we may disclose information under these circumstances:
- Service providers
Your personal information may be shared with third party service providers we use to: (a) provide you with the services we offer through the Services, (b) conduct quality surveys, (c) facilitate the user experience and (d) provide maintenance or technical support and (f) provide advertisements in the Services. These service providers are bound not to use your personal data for any other purpose than that to provide the services requested.
At present we share the data with:
Advertisers: We use personalised advertising in our Services. Vodacom provides advertising via programmatic partners. Those partners include cookies and tracking devices such as google analytics as part of the advertising. This allows us to deliver more relevant advertising. We do not collect or use any direct identifying information such as your name, email address, postal address, or phone number for personalised online advertising. We may also provide third party advertisers with aggregated statistical data about our users. This aggregated information might include information, such as preferred news topics of our users, type of device used to access the Services and how the advertisements are performing. The information is used to provide contextual advertising, i.e., relevant on the basis on what type of news you are reading. When providing programmatic advertising, the advertisers may include cookies as part of the advertising. If you do not want this, you need to block cookies in your web-browser.
For advertisements we use the following third-party service providers:
- Azerion Publisher Solutions, a company incorporated in the Netherlands, is an advertising bureau that connects mobile advertisers with mobile publishers and that operates through the subsidiaries Widespace [Widespace AB, based in Stockholm, Sweden] and Improve Digital (based in Stockholm) through the advertising platform Polaris 360. For more information on what information Widespace or Improve Digital is processing, please see https://www.widespace.com/legal/privacy-policy-notice/ or https://www.improvedigital.com/platform-privacy-policy/ .
- Netric AB, a corporation based in Stockholm, is one of the leading providers of programmatic advertising through the global cooperation with Rubicon. Our partnership with Netric includes a programmatic advertising functionality in the larger countries where the Services exist. For detailed conditions of the terms and conditions, of Rubicon, see the following link: https://rubiconproject.com/rubicon-project-advertising-technology-privacy-policy/.
- Strossle, a company incorporated in Sweden, is a native Advertising distribution platform for advertisers and publishers, that operates in several countries in Europe. For more information on what information Strossle is processing, please see https://www.strossle.com/privacy-policy
- Pubmatic, a company based in the US, is a programmatic advertising platform for advertisers and publishers, that operates globally. For more information on what information Pubmatic is processing, please see https://pubmatic.com/legal/privacy-policy/.
- Adform a company based in Denmark, is a programmatic advertising platform for advertisers and publishers, that operates primarily in Europe. For more information on what information Adform is processing, please see https://site.adform.com/privacy-center/corporate-privacy/corporate-privacy-policy/.
- PlayAD Media Group International AB a company based in Sweden, which is a programmatic advertising platform for advertisers and publishers, that operates primarily in Europe. For more information on what information PlayAD is processing, please see http://playadmediagroup.com/privacy-data-protection/.
- Facebook Inc, a corporation based in California, through which programmatic advertising is carried out. https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Outbrain Inc a company based in the US that is a programmatic Native advertising platform for advertisers and publishers, that operates globally. For more information on what information Outbrain is processing, please see https://www.docracy.com/0x29nzjretq/outbrain-com-privacy-policy-tos".
- Verizon media is part of Verizon Communication and is a global programmatic advertising provider. For more information on what information Verizon is processing, please see https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/index.html.
- Quantum Inc is an American company specializing in providing programmatic advertising including for videos. For more information on what information Quantum is processing, see https://www.quantumworkplace.com/privacy-policy.
- Plista is a German Company that offers programmatic native advertising. For more information on what data Plista is processing please see https://www.plista.com/about/privacy.
- MGID Inc is an international programmatic advertising firm with headquarters in Santa Monica California, in the US, and with offices across Europe. For more information on what data MGID is processing please see https://www.mgid.com/services/privacy-policy.
- Adrino Mobile Sp.z.oo is a polish programmatic advertising firm with headquarters in Warzaw, Poland. For more information on what data Adrino is processing please see https://adrino.pl/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/POLITYKA-PRYWATNOS%CC%81CI-Adrino-Mobile.pdf.
- MCN is a polish company called Multi Channel Network Sp. z o.o., Warszawa, Poland. For more information on what data MCN is processing, please see https://mcnetwork.pl/polityka-prywatnosci/.
Vodacom SA (PTY) LTD or VodaMedia is a company based in South Africa as a network provider as well as a media house to facility premium and programmatic advertising. For more information about how they process your data please see: https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/privacy-policy
We use third party service providers to help us understand how our Services are used. This implies how the users interact with news and how users behave while using the Services.
- Facebook (provided by Facebook Inc) provides an analytics tool used by Njuice. Therefore, a Special Development Kit (SDK) has been implemented from Facebook. For more information on Facebook Plugins, please go to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins.
- Fulfil legal obligations and manage legal claims
Regardless of any choice you may make regarding your personal information disclosure, Vodacom and its appointed service provider may need to disclose your personal information if it deems it necessary in good faith, in the following circumstances: (a) in connection with legal investigations, (b) to comply with relevant statutory law, (c) to protect copyright, trademark or other property rights of the Services or third parties, or (d) to assist or prevent potential violation of the law.
- Other circumstances
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Our processing of data is primarily carried out through Amazon Web Services with servers based on Ireland so any processing of your personal information will take place within the EU/EEA.
Njuice sometimes shares your personal data with third parties with operations outside of EU/EEA. If such transfer is necessary, we will ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it and made in accordance data protection legislation. Unless there is another legitimate basis, our transfer of personal data is based on the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses or where applicable US Privacy Shield or other applicable safeguards used to fulfil applicable data protections legislation
- YOUR RIGHTS
Below are the rights that you have under law:
- Right of access
You have a right to access your personal data that we store.
- Right to erase
You have the right in certain circumstances to request the deletion or removal of personal data, for example if the data collected is no longer needed.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold if it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete.
- Withdraw consent
If we rely on your consent to the use of your personal data you have the right to, at any time, withdraw your consent.
- Right to restriction of processing
In certain circumstances, you have the right to “block” or suppress the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability
In certain situations, you have the right to request a copy of your personal data, in a structured and machine-readable format, enabling you to store and re-use it for further personal use or to transfer it to a third party.
- Right to object
You have the right to know if your personal data is used for direct marketing and you have the right to object to this kind of processing at any time.
- Right to complain
Certain use of your personal data is based on our or others legitimate interest. You have the right to object to the use of your personal data based on a legitimate interest for reasons which concerns your situation. Moreover, you have the right to at any time object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Security plays a crucial role for us. We are extremely committed to protecting your personal information. We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against abuse and loss. Nevertheless, as no electronic method of data transmission and storage is totally secure, Vodacom and its service providers, despite its reasonable efforts to protect the security of your personal information, cannot guarantee its absolute efficacy.
- DATA RETENTION
We will not retain personal data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable law or regulations. Information which has been anonymized may be stored for a longer time. Yet, some information in non-personally identifiable form may still be available for the Services in the archives.
Personal data that you provide to us by using the Services Feedback function will be erased following a period after the matter has been completed.
- NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
It is not our intention to collect personal information from users who are under the age of 13. However, if personal information of a child under 13 is collected in our Services and we learn about it, we will attempt to delete all information about the child as soon and effectively as possible. Accordingly, if you believe that we might be in possession of personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com
You can change your cookie settings at any time, e.g., manage if and how cookies may be stored and erase cookies from your device. However, please note that the Services may not work as intended if you change your cookie settings.
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS